Michaels! #create2educate #sweepstakes

Oh, how I love to craft! I love making things for my classroom and home – although I rarely have the time to do it these days.

When Michaels contacted me and asked if I would participate in a crafting contest, I wholeheartedly said YES!

So….I went SHOPPING!  I ended up with 4 (yes FOUR) projects that I am going to share with you this week!

First up, upstyled cork boards!

image

These are super simple to make, and you only need a few supplies:

image

I used my Silhouette Cameo electronic cutter to cut out a letter/number pattern, but you can also use different sized stickers.

IMG_6020

Just stick it all over your cork tile.  Make sure to rub down all of the corners so the paint doesn’t seep under the stickers.

Next, get out your paint and your little spongy dobbers.

IMG_6021  IMG_6022IMG_6023  IMG_6024

Cover the WHOLE cork board with paint and let it dry thoroughly.  When the paint is completely dry, carefully pull off the vinyl letters – I used a sharp knife to pull up a corner.

Add some cute embellishments (I found all of these at Michael’s) and you’re good to go! It’s almost too pretty to hang any note on! (and I might not!)

image  image

 image

Want to play along and craft with me?!

Create a back to school project and upload your creation to Instagram using the hashtags #create2educate AND #sweepstakes (you have to use both). Your project could be featured on Michael's "Classroom Ideas" Pinterest board, and you could even win a $50 gift card to Michael's for your future creations! 

Be sure to follow @growingkinders and @michaelsstores on Instagram! 

Sweepstakes Details:
Michaels knows that creative teachers work hard all year to captivate their students, to making “boring” things come to life, and to create environments that fuel education. Join us in keeping the inspiration going as we kick off the 2013/2014 school year with the#Create2Educate sweepstakes!

Create your own Back-to-School project—anything from classroom décor and organization, to a learning activity for your students. Then, enter the Michaels sweepstakes by uploading a photo of your creation to Instagram using #Create2EducateAND #sweepstakes.

Each day we’ll feature our favorite Instagram photos on the Michael’s “Classroom Ideas” Pinterest board, and we’ll randomly pick one lucky teacher daily to win a $50 Michael’s Gift Card. Create as many Back-to-School projects as you’d like and upload photos of them to Instagram for more chances to win. #Create2Educate opens for entries on July 21st and closes on August 3rd. Head to Michael’s and get inspired today.

Don’t’ forget that teachers get 15% off of their purchase all year long at Michaels! 

Happy Crafting! And be watching for my THREE other projects this week!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome! I will have to try to think of a good craft to make now! Hmm...
    -Carol
    Mrs. Cobb's Kindersprouts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute way to make cork boards look more decorative!

    Loved meeting you this past week in Vegas! Your ideas inspired me and I am already working on some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an incredibly cute craft idea!! You did an amazing job!! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!!


    Warmest Wishes,

    Erin

    ennie0305@gmail.com

    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your next craft! The cork boards came out great, you have a good eye for design!
    Julie
    Primary Pointe

    ReplyDelete