Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It’s Calendar Time!

Phew.  It’s done.  A Labor of Love :)

Slide1

Slide15Slide20Slide26Slide30

Here’s a sample of what the skill pages look like at the end of the year for all of my first grade friends Smile

Slide62

and what they look like blank:

Slide5Slide6

(On these pages, you’ll be able to type (or have the kids write) the month at the bubble on the top.)

Each month is a bit different to allow for student growth and new teaching.  I designed it with Kindergarten in mind, but there are programmable pages at the end so first grade or even pre-k could use it.

While I was at it, I decided to create a calendar wall as well.

Slide1

Slide3Slide10Slide17Slide26Slide33

I decided to bundle them together too.

Slide1

If you are interested, just click on each picture to take you to TpT.

If you have any questions, please comment below!

39 Notes to the Teacher:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

I am thinking I need it to go on my wish list!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Kara said...

Looks great! It's going on my wish list :)

Kara
Spedventures

Heather said...

Amazing! I am putting it on my wish list!! You rock!
Heather
Kickin' it in Kinder
Check out my 100 follower giveaway!

Lisa R. said...

Your calendar kit looks amazing!!! I love it!!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
I'm having a giveaway!! Come and take a peek! :)

Erica said...

This looks great!
Erica
Sprinkles to Kindergarten
erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

Woooot! Wooot! Super exciting!! You always do GREAT work!! I know this too will be a great addition to primary classrooms!!! YEA!!
Sarah
shetrick@gmail.com

mcoop1125 said...

I love how you made the month's pages get more difficult as the year progresses...growing with your students!
Michelle
mcoop1125@gmail.com

Sarah Cooley said...

Kathleen, it is seriously awesome!!!! Just pinned and bragged all about it. I think this is a must have for every teacher who does calendar.

Nicole said...

These look fabulous Kathleen!! I LOVE them!!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Carol Cobb said...

How is it different from Kim Adsit's calendar notebook kit? I have used a some of the Shari Sloane pages in the past. One of the preview pages looked like it was only good for one day, too - am I mistaken? How much do you explain how to do each page with kids? Also, could I easily put the pages on my ActivBoard?
Lots of questions, sorry! Just trying to decide if I want to spend $20 that I really don't have to spare on this intriguing product. :)
Thanks,
Carol
Mrs. Cobb's Kinder Sprouts

Jessica Ann Stanford said...

Makes me wish I was teaching K :(
Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class
I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

Kathleen said...

Similar concept -- working on the same skills, instead of having one page of all one skill, for example writing the date (7-3-12) on the same page every day, the kids write all the skills on one page. So you would copy enough of the daily calendar journal part for every day that you were in school. Does that makes sense? So there is one page that you will write the date, adding, subtraction, etc. I always found that if I skipped a day, I had to make it up. This way if I miss a day, I just go on and not feel guilty :)

Kim and Shari wrote their calendar pack together - so if you like the way Shari does her calendar, you will like Kim's pack. She has TONS of great suggestions for daily activities for songs, name activities, and so on. Her pack is great! I still highly recommend it! This is just a slightly different take on the interactive calendar.

You would introduce each skill slowly - there are programmable pages at the end of the pack so if you want to take it really slow you can (do the same skills for more than a month). I just mapped out what you COULD do. You could easily import the PDF into your ActivStudio software. This pack is only $10 for the calendar book pages. If you want the calendar wall pieces, it is $15 for both. Let me know if you have any more questions or if something doesn't make sense! You can e-mail me too at growingkinders@gmail.com

Jennifer Tilton said...

Oh, thank goodness, I was worried that I was going to have to make this.
Adding it to my wishlist until payday!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Carol Cobb said...

I like the idea of having everything on one sheet, but I am pretty sure my copy limit would be destroyed way too quickly. We only get a couple thousand copies a year. Boo. :(

Maryann said...

Hi Kathleen!
This calendar packet is wondeful! I love having everything on one sheet especially since I will have about 24 students in each class (AM and PM Kindergarten)!
Maybe you already explained this but do you use a math program in your class? We just got the new version of Everyday Math so I am seeing maninly of the ideas that we got at the workshop by the consultant!
Many thanks again for the time and energy you put into this packet.
Have a great 4th of July!
Maryann
brennemm@carlisleschools.org

Maryann said...

HI Kathleen (again)!
I wanted to also ask you about your writing packet that you have on TPT. Do the children start the year writing on lines? We usually have the blank paper for journal writing. I like your samples that you shown but was wondering about starting out with lines.
Thanks so much for all your hard work and your wonderful blog-I look forward to everytime you share something.
Maryann
brennemm@carlisleschools.org

Kathleen said...

Could you put it in a page protector and have the kiddos use a dry erase marker? Or you could make it a one day a week thing. Only have them do it on Fridays for example :) Just a couple of ideas. Paper budgets stink!

Kathleen said...

We use everyday math! I think the Kindergarten portion is lacking a bit, so I supplement it. :) I would have loved to have gone to a training though! My principal is the new head of the district math committee so hopefully some good things will roll down my way! :)

Kathleen said...

Nope, I don't start out with lines. For the first month or so, I use blank paper. In September-ish, I add one line at the bottom for the kiddos that are ready to start writing "words." :)

Kathleen said...

The "blank" paper in the packet just has a frame around it. Essentially a big box with a place for the date and page number.

tamara schmidt said...

I'm looking for fourth grade morning/calendar routine to incorporate math into and still on the hunt. Any suggestions?
-ts
tamara.schmidt@k12.sd.us

Terri said...

Kathleen...this looks so wonderful! Are your songs included (or do I just keep finding them on your blog?). My kiddos LOVED your songs every morning.

Terri Izatt
tizatt@ecsdnv.net

Lucia Nestler said...

Hi there!

Is this editable so that I can translate it into Spanish? I teach kindergarten immersion, so everything we do is in Spanish. I really need this, but I don't want to have to type, cut, paste, and copy again. Let me know! I can always send it back to you once translated for you to add to your TPT store!!! Thanks, Lucia. chiagirl30@gmail.com

Amy Coates@ SweetExpectations8 or TheClassroomPet.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Would love this for my first graders! Makes me miss teaching kindergarten a bit!

amycoates@me.com

Leeanne said...

Wonderful ideas! Thank-you for sharing. I'm wondering where I could find the remaining songs for the months of the year?

Xoria Rordame Gaur said...

I used Kim Adsit and Shari Sloane's calendar book format last year but added your monthly songs and calendar pages. It was my first time using the calendar book idea and it worked great. I like how you have created monthly pages that progress in difficulty throughout the year and the fact that there is one page devoted to each day. I plan on using this math calendar book for next year with the addition of the monthly songs. My kids loved singing the songs and they were able to remember all of them by the end of the year. Thanks for all of your hard work, I am a huge fan of your blog and TPT products! I was looking for you at "I Teach K" to say thank you in person but wasn't able to find you. Keep up the great work and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Miss Cosby said...

I'm a first grade teacher and this is lovely. I think it a lot of it could work in first grade but they'd (hopefully) be able to do it independently after being trained/reminded of each skill. Thanks so much. I'm your newest follower. :)

Also, for paper budget people I loved the idea of sheet protectors. You can print on both sides and maybe just do this in a math center instead of whole group where you have to print 20+?

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Kelly Johnson said...

I am loving he new calendar bundle. Thank you on behalf of all of us K teachers! Would you mind please doing a quick blog posting outlining how you will be organizing your students binders for this year and what you will be including in each student's binders. Do you typically include dividers between songs, daily pages, tooth tally charts, etc? Then do you mind walking us thru how you change out the calendar pages each month and get them ready for the next month? Just want to make sure I am using your fabulous program most effectively. Thank again. It is wonderful!

Crayons and Curls said...

I just bought your bundle and am so excited! I can't wait to see your calendar wall! :)
Cheryl
Crayons & Curls

amber said...

I downloaded this today....aWeSoMe! Can't wait to get started!!!!

Pam List said...

So cute! need one for music!

Chris and Cantada said...

Is it possible to just purchase the daily calendar math?

Anonymous said...

The website provides you the real time chat and dating features especially for Malaysian or Indonesian people who
speaks Malay and all these features are comparable or better than the existing commercial
chat sites. The phone is pre-loaded with the Java games in addition to animated wallpapers.

A chat box will open and you can chat with that person.
Also visit my page - sexchat

Anonymous said...

Just love the calendar. I want to know how is the dominoe and dice parts filled out especially when the numbers are higher than 12?

Beccalecca said...

where can i get just the monthly calendar songs ? im very interested

Anonymous said...

It is believed that a young girl will be able to run offline, because today's girl requires sexcam a 3 G network -- it's nice to see Apple take a stab
at it.

my web site ... sex cam

Anonymous said...

Is as good as it was no doubt sexcams liked thinking.

Just landed your first trip outside of Redmond -- is playing at a crossroads.
The sexcams relationship between the Depression, and that
it can be seen here.

Also visit my blog post - sexchat

Anonymous said...

I think these terms are mostly for certain types of phone sex is all about civil rights after all.
And Telefon Sex I love the fact that this is
a good idea to stake out a few hundred dollars to talk to Me for I will force those cocks down his
throat.

Anonymous said...

So one of my callers B ringed me up last night for some good ol' fashioned adult baby phone sex. Call your Mistress Mayven for full service feminization telefonsex now! Are you mad at me Mistress? Once your profile is completed, you can say that will change my mind at this point.

Look into my web blog - Telefon Sex

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...