Polar Bears

Here are just a few quick pictures of what we did with polar bears last week:
We observed the polar bears at the San Diego Zoo just about every day…(how exciting!)
We did our weekly “making words” activity with POLAR BEARS.  The kids are getting so good at this!
You can download this activity here. (I’m working on a whole set of making words activities for February).  I do this every Friday and the kids look forward to it!
DSCN4995
We made these super sweet polar bears from the directions from Heidi’s Blog.
DSCN4997
And some math problem solving…the kids are getting so good at this! I love it!!
DSCN4998DSCN5000
We wrote polar bear facts…
DSCN5002DSCN4999DSCN5003DSCN5004
And did a directed drawing of a polar bear and then labeled it’s parts. 
DSCN5001
And, of course reading lots of fiction and non-fiction books. Including….
image
Now, as I was reading this book, I had a huge text-to-self connection but I couldn’t share it with the kids – so I’ll share it with you all.  I  just started watching Lost on Netflix while I run on the treadmill – I’m only on the first season, so don’t give anything away!  Well, this book explains the whole polar bear thing on the island….you’ll have to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I am a Lost ADDICT! I got hooked on it one time when I was stuck in bed sick for a few days. I seriously did nothing be eat, sleep, and watch Lost on ABC online for three days! Best three days of my life...haha!

    Have fun with your new addiction. ;)

    Oh, and the polar bear stuff is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! We've been working with polar bears this week.

    ~Mrs. Beck

    http://mrsbecksgotclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete