Plants and Seeds

We have just 4 days left until we are done for the year! I don’t have much for you – I guess I’ve been a slacker in taking pictures these last few weeks. 

We did our unit on plants a few weeks ago. I don’t have many pictures … sorry!  Here are a few that I had on my computer:

IMG_3106 IMG_3107

We did this fun painting project during free choice time at the art center. The kids just dipped a plastic cup in paint and then added the petals with a q-tip.  They just used a marker to add the stem, leaves, and grass.  Later in the week we measured the flowers with unifix cubes.  This project was inspired by an idea from Kim Adsit.

IMG_3112 IMG_3114

This writing project is one of my favorites of the year!  We read the book My Garden by Kevin Henkes, and the kids create their own gardens.  Love their creativity and imaginations!

IMG_3133

Here are our cute little flower pots that we made.  It might be hard to see in the picture, but I cut up little squares of tissue paper and the children glued it to their cups (they painted it on with a mixture of glue and water).  I only used primary colors so the children could see the color mixing.  The signs came from Kim Adsit’s plant unit.

I’ll be back tomorrow with some pictures from my beach/summer unit! I forgot to snap pics on Friday!

fun at the beach tpt.pdf - Google Docs - Mozilla Firefox 5202012 54258 PM

15 comments:

  1. Love this! My students just planted their marigolds into our garden! They have worked so hard from seed to garden and are so proud!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog is Having a Giveaway!
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to check out your packet. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making your Fun at the Beach centers right now! They are wonderful!
    Thanks
    tonia
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love following your blog! I would like to award you the Lovely Blog Award!!!

    Check out my blog for the award and post! CONGRATS!

    http://www.wishfulteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice way to end the year. The painted flowers are adorable. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painted flowers are great! I love them!!
    ~Jen

    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Please come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well. I just came across your website and I have to say that your work is really appreciative. Your content is exceptional. The ease to use your site is remarkable. We also have some tools that can help you in upgrading your site. Here is the link to our website check here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly appreciate this article post.Really thank you! Awesome Check This Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great survey. I'm sure you're getting a great response this content

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Admin, I am a developer and I am always anticipating making people aware of the latest developmental tools. I have seen your site and it has almost all the features that good website must have. Your site is really user friendly. My site is about reverse image search that can help you in a number of ways like in searching for duplicated content and debunking faked images. You can have a look at it in the following link
    <a href="https://www.reverseimagesearch.org/

    ReplyDelete

  11. Hello everybody! Your site is simply amazing. Everything is simple and very beautifully explained, even someone who does not know much about Web services can get the hang of them. We also provide some useful web development tools. Have a look please, view json online

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Every body. I am a developer; I am always anticipating making people aware of wheel tools. I have come across a number of random name picker sites. However, your website is exceptional than the others. The content, tools and easiness of using your website is just amazing. I can be helpful by introducing you to range of Wheel tools. Here is the link to my site wheeldecidepro

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Every body. I am a developer; I am always anticipating making people aware of baby shower. I have come across a number of baby shower sites. However, your website is exceptional than the others. The content, tools and easiness of using your website is just amazing. I can be helpful by introducing you to range of Baby shower home. Here is the link to my site babyshowerhome

    ReplyDelete