Let’s Go to the Beach!

Okay, so we are in the middle of the midwest and there really isn’t a beach – unless you count the shorelines of the 10,000 lakes in Minnesota and the Red River of the North.  But, we can use our imaginations, right?
I needed something for this last week of school that would keep the kids engaged in centers! So far, after day 1, they are doing great!
Here is what is in my drawers for the week:
IMG_3552
At this center, the children “dig” in the sand for shells and write the digraph that they here on each shell.
IMG_3553
The children LOVE these mixed up sentences, so I knew that this one was a perfect center for this week.IMG_3554
And anytime we can use those fishing poles from Lakeshore!  Inside the fish tank are fish with sight words on them. They fish out the fish and write the sight word.
IMG_3556
This center was a hit! The children sat on the floor and tossed the ball to one another.  They wrote the word that their hand was closest too.  Fun!
IMG_3557
At this math center, the children scooped out some shells, counted them, and wrote the number and tallies.
IMG_3558
We needed a little bit more practice with subtraction too!IMG_3559
Practicing time to the hour.
IMG_3560 IMG_3561
And the always popular count the room!
Stay tuned for some fun pirate activities we are also working on! The kids are having so much fun.  We have our field day tomorrow, and we are done on Thursday.  Phew!

Want to try these centers yourself? Click below to find them on TpT!
Just click on the image!

16 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute! I love all your beach themed centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of fun center activities! I have my field day tomorrow and final day on Wednesday!!
    Can't wait!!!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff!! I can't wait for my first beach day!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! I just pinned your post so that I remember to use this in a couple of weeks. We have 4 more weeks left of school, but this would be so helpful to keep the kids busy while I try to catch up on assessments. Love how fun and creative it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like just what I need! Love it!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such clever ideas! Looks like fun. Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beach ideas! Check out our blog; we would love to get on your blogs that rock list.

    www.kindergartengoonies.blogspot.com

    Kindergarten Goonies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeee these! They are so cute! :)

    www.misswestsclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking forward to see what you are doing for Pirates! I hope to have a pirate day next week.
    Tonia
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are these available of your TPT store? I want to use all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! They are for sale at my TpT store! Thanks for asking :)

      Delete
  11. How does your count the room math center work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just walk around to the different cards and count the items! In this case, shells! They NEVER get tired of it!!

      Delete