I.O.U.

memorial day 2

I feel privileged and blessed to be able to teach the children of the men and women who serve in our US Air Force. I teach on an Air Force Base, and I see the children’s sacrifice’s EVERY day.  Thank you for your service to our country, and the sacrifices you make each day for our freedom.

memorial day

As we enjoy our bbq’s, families and celebrations….remember all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and honor those who still continue to give for the protection and freedom of our country. Raise a glass in honor and a say a prayer in thanks.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I teach near a Marine base. Just saw lots of parents deployed. By the way, I'm a new blogger and I love your blog!

    Brynley
    http://brynleysbrainstorms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Kathleen! Well said :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!! My husband served for 8 years and it seems like yesterday he was deploying. I also teach in a military community and it amazes me how strong and resilient the families are.

    Check out my new blog- I am giving away a $25 gift card to Target- http://everynewbeginningblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/25-target-gift-card-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! I have chosen your blog to receive the One Lovely Blog award. I would be honored if you would visit my blog to check out the details! Thanks!

    Penny
    www.teachthemath.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post!! They truly are giving an amazing sacrafice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you for this inspirational message. Very well said and important for children to learn! Renee

    ReplyDelete