Tag…I’m it!

So, I’m sitting trying to finish up my Valentine’s Packet (it’s gonna be a big one!), and I can’t focus.  I decided I would go through my comments and find the tag posts! So, thanks for tagging me. Here are my answers:

Questions from Erica at Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Now onto my questions:

1.  What is your favorite movie of all time? – I can’t answer that one.  I am so indecisive.  I love LOTS of movies.

2.  Why did you decide to become a teacher? I always knew I was going to be a teacher.  My life took another path in college as I started out as a Marketing major (hello, I love to be creative!) But, accounting changed that for me.  I followed my heart and am where I am supposed to be.

3.  What is your favorite transition activity in your classroom?  Music!

4.  Do you have any pets at home?  What are they? Yes, I have a wonderfully annoying 9 year old golden retriever named Chloe.  I love her but she can be a pain.  My daughter wrote about her in Kindergarten and called her the “walking trash can.” That about sums it up.

5.  What book(s) are you currently reading? The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson.  I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo this summer while we were in Norway, and I couldn’t wait to see the movie – we had to go out and buy it, it was in Swedish, but with Norwegian texting so it was not a problem for me.  I need to finish this one so I can watch the 2nd.  Hubby has been waiting for me! For those of you that are fans, the Swedish movies are out already!  I am also reading Talking Drawing Writing with my Kindergarten colleagues.

6.  What is your favorite Science topic to teach your students? I love most things science.  Although, I know we have bugs coming up, and I’m not too thrilled about that. Leslie, you’re going to have to help me through this one!  My brother is a 7th grade science teacher, and I go to him for support!

7.  What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

8.  What is your favorite type of food? Pizza

9.  What time do you wake up to get ready for school? Ha, depends on the morning.  I like to up by 6:15, but it’s usually closer to 6:30.  I have a 20-25 minute commute to school.

10.  What is your favorite scent? Berry scents in the summer, warmer, spicer scents in the winter.

11.  Did you watch the Kindergarten Expo?  (It was awesome!) Yes, I did! I thought it was an awesome way to get some PD!

Questions from Sydney at  Lessons Learned

My questions for these bloggers are:

1. How long have you been teaching? After I graduated, I took a year and a half off and had my first baby.  I taught Kindergarten and first for 3 years.  Then, my contract wasn’t renewed because of enrollment. That spring was the same spring my daughter passed away, so it was good to have some time off anyway.  I then worked for half a year as an instructional para (then had baby #3), and then did a long term subbing position.  This is my 4th year at my current school. So, in total 7 years in as a classroom teacher.

2. Have you taught at the same school the whole time? Nope – 3 different schools.

3. Do you like to travel? Where? HELLO. YES!  We have been all over!  When I was growing up my family took lots of family vacations.  We went through most of the western part of the US growing up. After I met my husband, we started traveling through Europe.  Iceland, Norway, Sweden, England, France, Germany.  We LOVE to travel.  We’re planning a road trip to Niagra Falls this summer when my in-laws come for a visit.

4. How early do you get to school? OR How late do you stay? I usually get to school at about 7:45 and stay until 4:30.

5. Why do you like blogging? Blogging has made me a better teacher.

6. Mac or PC? Both – I use a Mac at school and a PC at home.

7. Do you use any drawing programs on your computer? no.

8. Do you like to make photobooks? How do you store your memories?  I like to make them – just really SLOW at making them.  Pictures are stored on the computer and an external hard drive.

9. Plants - do you have them, can you keep them alive? We have an amazing rose garden in the summer that is a memorial for my daughter.  I didn’t ever think it would be that beautiful, but I think we have a little bit of help.  Inside the house, I’m not so good, but I am TRYING.

10. If you could go to one event over the weekend, what would it be? I am a homebody. I like to stay home on the weekends.

11. Do you make your bed every morning? Sometimes – my hubby is often good at doing it.

12. Do you refill your car with gas the minute the light comes on, or do you press your luck? Gas? What gas?  I often forget and hubby does it for me!

Questions from Mrs. Osterman

1. What is your favorite drink? Diet Coke
2. What is your favorite food? Pizza
3. What is your favorite meal to make? cooking??? That’s my husbands job!
4. What is your favorite movie?  see above….
5. What is your favorite reality show? Hmmm…I really look forward to Design Star, but I have to say I’m hooked by some of the housewives.
6. What is your favorite book?  I love so many books.
7. What active things do you do in the summer? Out with my kids – we have a huge backyard.  Swimming pool, biking.
8. If you could go anywhere in the U.S., where would you go? Anyplace that is warmer than here.
9.  Where did you go to college?  i10. What is your favorite theme to teach in kindergarten? I don’t really have a favorite – I love them all.
11. What is your favorite post you have shared on your blog? I love to talk about my daughter Nora.  Spreading the word about the risk of SIDS is so important to me.
3. What is your favorite "thing" about teaching kindergarten? I love seeing the growth that they make.  It amazes me every single year.

 

Phew. Now I’m tired! I’m not normally a rule breaker, but I’m going to break the rules on this one and not tag anyone else!  My hands are tired from typing and that annoying dog I told you about? She is scratching on the door to come in!

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Wait until you get to the third book in the Steig Larrson Series. It was my favorite. I heard there is a fourth book written but not published. I saw the Swedish version of The Girl with Dragon Tattoo also. I haven't seen the American version yet.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a 4th manuscript, but there are issues over who it belongs to. Larsson's partner says it belongs to her and his family says it belongs to them. Too bad. I have a hard time going to sleep at night because I can't put the book down! The American version of the movie is actually better than the Swedish - they go into a lot more details -- you should definitely see it!!

      Delete
  2. The movie is great! ...and the soundtrack is TDF!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series! Thanks for playing long with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathleen! I was wondering how you post a link to donors choose on the side of your blog? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found an image and added it. They don't have a "button" yet unfortunately!

      Delete