Teacher Week 2014–Meet the Teacher!

It’s Teacher Week 2014 over at Blog Hoppin’, and I’m excited to join in on the fun!  Take a peek at the linky’s we have in store for you!  (I’ll actually get some blog posts done this summer! haha!)  I still have 2 weeks until school starts, but I am happy to play along – or at least TRY!

So, up first on the agenda is meet the teacher.  This is me! (You can see a cheek of my amazing niece who is starting college in just a week!)

Slide1

This is my family:

image

image

image

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas this summer.  We dined at the Eiffel Tower in the Paris Hotel – it was AMAZING! I highly recommend it!

image

We did A LOT of travelling this summer.  Way more than we were planning on! We went to Florida, Las Vegas (just the hubs and I), and New York! It’s been a whirlwind summer, but we made LOTS of memories!

  imageimage

 

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

My kids.  My husband.  My family. 
Movies. Target. Brandi Carlile. Traveling. Watching my girls dance. The Beach.  Pizza. Ice Cream. Being at home. 

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

I would probably be a stay-at-home mom!  I was lucky enough to be able to spend a year and a half with my oldest daughter and it was amazing to spend that time with her.  I would love to own my own business – like a tea shop or a bakery.  Love those things.

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Quiet. Hardworking. Dependable.

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

“Yes, I would love to go to another meeting!”

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Hands down, my daughter Nora.  Birthdays have always been hard since she passed.  Wish I could spend another birthday with her.

Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

The power to go back in time.

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

I love the Brave Girls club.  They always know just want to say at just the right time. This is one of my favorites right now.

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Oh boy, that’s a hard one…

Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Definitely a night owl! I get my second wind around 9:30!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

Although I won’t be using them this year (since I’ve moved to First Grade), I LOVE my ABC Centers for the Frugal Teacher alphabet centers pack(s).  The activities in this pack are all super easy to prep and you most likely have some or all of the items in your classroom.  They are perfect for the beginning of Kindergarten and for RTI groups throughout the year! I hope you check them out!

Slide4Slide9

Slide15Slide21

Slide1 

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

I’m a pretty private person.  I don’t often share a lot about myself on my blog.  I am quiet and often keep to myself :)  I suppose you could call me an introvert! I am happy cuddling up on the couch and watching a movie!  Most people don’t know that I’ve been documenting every day of my family’s life on my personal Instagram page.  This is a daily “journal” of sorts for me that I call “Pedersen Project 365”.  My kids affectionately call it the “picture of the day.”  I love looking back and remembering exactly what we did each day of the year! I  can’t wait to look back on everything we did in 2014 at the end of the year!

******************************************

Now it’s your turn!  Share your Meet the Teacher post and link up with Stephanie @ Falling Into First and at Blog Hoppin’!

 

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all the travelling you got to do this summer. I unfortunately didn't get to travel any this summer but def. plan to next year. School here doesn't start for another two weeks as well. Thank goodness! I totally wouldn't be ready to go back this month. Also, I love that quote!

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile at the "yes, I would love to go to another meeting" said no teacher ever :) I am feeling that!! I switched schools and am feeling the meeting blues. I just want to be setting up my room! Nice to meet you on the blog hop! I think I have seen you on the tpt forums or somewhere around there too - I recognized your logo :) Happy new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you really had a great time last Summer and it is a much-deserved break for you and the kids. Traveling is such a nice experience that will let you in on great adventures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete