Fun at the Beach! Literacy Centers!

The last few weeks of school are simply CRAZY!  Constant interruptions, assessments, organizing, special events and so on! I try to keep the day as consistent as possible for the kiddos.

They loved our literacy centers this week.  Here is a peek of what we did!

We used our Lakeshore fishing rods (love these!) to go fishing for sight words.

IMG_3299 IMG_3300

Had a little beach ball fun by rolling the ball to each other and writing the sight word that was closest to our hands when we caught the ball.

IMG_3303

Played some CVC UNO.

IMG_3306

and unscrambled our sentences.

IMG_3309

I am so happy that the children love our centers – they stay engaged the whole time, and I am able to pull kids for assessments, for small groups, or for one on one work. 

These centers are all from my Fun at the Beach unit if you’re interested!  I’ll post pictures of math centers tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Now I TOTALLY feel like I NEED those fishing rods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Those fishing rods are great! Cute, cute , cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use them ALL the time! In the beginning of the year I use them with the letters that come with them. The kids LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning so much from you! Love your ideas and can't wait to try them.
    With thanks
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to get the fishing rods now. All of your activities look like so much fun, as always!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using your Fun at the Beach centers and my kids are definitely having lots of fun. We do have one thing missing though... the fishing poles! I need to change that :)

    Marissa
    Here's the Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the coolest Lakeshore stuff. Seriously! I think you should do a post on what we should buy....the absolute necessities. I'll get together a purchase order this summer and go shopping! ;-)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathleen,
    I'm hoping to teach Kindergarten next school year, instead of first. I'm so glad I came across your blog. You have wonderful ideas! I found your High 5 Sight Words pin on Pinterest. Great idea! Would you mind if I blog about your idea and link up my post to your blog? Giving you full credit.
    Thank you.
    Kathy
    http://kafysbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete