Teacher Week ‘13–10 Things about Me!

I can’t believe that it’s already time for Teacher Week.  That means if you haven’t started school yet, you will be starting soon! I don’t want my summer to end!
So, this week will look a little like this:
Every day, there will be a new linky on Blog Hoppin’ and you can follow along or join in!
Today, is all about me Monday!

So, here goes, 10 things you may or may not know about me!
1.  I am married to my high school sweetheart.  He came to the US from Norway as a high school exchange student.  We’ve been married for 14 years and together for eighteen.  Time flies when you’re having fun!
kim and me
2. I speak fluent Norwegian.  I have a bachelor’s degree in Norwegian, and studied in Norway for a semester!  It was one of the best times in my life!
norway winter
We usually travel to Norway once a year to visit my husband’s family.  This photo was taken during our Christmas trip last year.
3. I’m left handed – which means I always have marker smudges on my hand at the end of the day.
4. I don’t like to cook.  Well, maybe that’s not entirely true.  I don’t mind cooking.  I just don’t like cleaning up the dishes.  I do enjoy baking, but I don’t do it very often because I like to eat what I make! 
5. I love to travel.  Especially in Europe.  I have flown to Europe probably 20 times.  I’ve travelled through most of northern Europe.  I’ve been to London 3 times, and can’t wait to go again!  I LOVE it there!

6.  Speaking of London, when I studied in Norway, we went there for an end of semester trip, and I got my nose pierced.  I was 20 and having a blast! It didn’t last long though, I took it out when I got married that summer. (I was a young bride – 21!)
7. I love to knit and crochet.  I would be so happy just sitting on my bum watching reality tv knitting and crocheting all day long.  I have a pin board of all the things I want to make!  My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl, and I have wonderful memories of sitting next to her making granny squares.  I still cuddle with the afghan she made me when I graduated from high school.  It’s one of my favorite things.  My grandma passed away almost 2 years ago, and I miss her dearly.
image
8.  I am the youngest of three.  I have 2 older brothers. My *big* brother is 13 years older than me!
image
9.  I am a homebody.  I love being at home.  Just hanging out.  Doing nothing.  I’ve never been a social butterfly. I’m very quiet when you first meet me.  I’m cautious to open up to people until I really get to know them.
10.  I started this blog as a project for my master’s degree.  I was going to blog about how I teach reading and writing for a year.  My advisor didn’t approve the project, but since I had already developed a large number of readers, I kept at it.  This little blog has been around for 3 years now!  Thanks for sticking with me all these years!!
Now, hop on over to Blog Hoppin’ and meet some other teachers!

Stop back tomorrow and I’ll give you a sneak peek of my room.  I don’t start for another week, and I’m not quite done yet, but I think I can scrounge up a few pictures!

10 comments:

  1. I love to crochet as well. My great grandmother taught me a long time ago. She passed away almost 10 years ago but I love that I have that connection with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby picture is PRECIOUS! I can totally tell it is you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we be best friends?! haha

    I swear I could have written #4 :P I complain just about every time I have to clean up after dinner and baking is *so* dangerous for me...I have to try at least one cookie or cupcake from each batch the comes out of the oven so there's not much left by the time I'm done :(

    I'm for.sure. a homebody, too. Some people just don't get it and think I'm totally boring, but I always have a great time {doing nothing haha}. I'm very good at keeping myself company :P

    Anywho, loved reading your post and getting to know you a little better :)

    Sam
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I looked at your oldest brother and thought he looked a little like Shia Labeouf?

    So glad you kept your blog around because I love reading it! You have the best ideas!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I didn't know that you got your nose pierced? I love it!!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely a homebody too and okay with it! Love your picture from Norway, it's beautiful.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! Loved reading this post. You don't sound like a homebody to me. 20 flights to Europe?? Wow! I wished I liked to fly. I'm a homebody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I never knew Norway was so beautiful! I've never been to that part of the world but hope to one day.

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was almost like reading a blog about me! I married my high school sweetheart! How exciting that he is from Norway and that inspired you to learn the language and study there! I am one of three children, but I am the oldest. I am also left handed, which was interesting to learn how to crochet because my grandmother taught me and she is right handed. She ended up teaching me by having me sit across from her (mirror image). :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Ashley
    Tacky the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your #10 made me smile. I had a class with you at UND, the one that actually got me to start my blog. Supervision and Teaching of Lang. Arts. with Anne. I remember you told us you had a blog.... you showed us and I remember thinking, "wow, that looks so good, I have a long way to go!" And you were like, "I've haven't done a whole lot with it." And look at it now! It was cute then and now it's even cuter! It's so adorable and you are such a huge/famous teacher blogger! :)

    Anyways, just remembered that when I read #10. So glad I can be a follower of your awesome blog! :)
    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete