So, this week will look a little like this:
Today, is all about me Monday!
So, here goes, 10 things you may or may not know about me!
1. I am married to my high school sweetheart. He came to the US from Norway as a high school exchange student. We’ve been married for 14 years and together for eighteen. Time flies when you’re having fun!
2. I speak fluent Norwegian. I have a bachelor’s degree in Norwegian, and studied in Norway for a semester! It was one of the best times in my life!
We usually travel to Norway once a year to visit my husband’s family. This photo was taken during our Christmas trip last year.
3. I’m left handed – which means I always have marker smudges on my hand at the end of the day.
5. I love to travel. Especially in Europe. I have flown to Europe probably 20 times. I’ve travelled through most of northern Europe. I’ve been to London 3 times, and can’t wait to go again! I LOVE it there!
6. Speaking of London, when I studied in Norway, we went there for an end of semester trip, and I got my nose pierced. I was 20 and having a blast! It didn’t last long though, I took it out when I got married that summer. (I was a young bride – 21!)
7. I love to knit and crochet. I would be so happy just sitting on my bum watching reality tv knitting and crocheting all day long. I have a pin board of all the things I want to make! My grandma taught me how to crochet when I was a little girl, and I have wonderful memories of sitting next to her making granny squares. I still cuddle with the afghan she made me when I graduated from high school. It’s one of my favorite things. My grandma passed away almost 2 years ago, and I miss her dearly.
10. I started this blog as a project for my master’s degree. I was going to blog about how I teach reading and writing for a year. My advisor didn’t approve the project, but since I had already developed a large number of readers, I kept at it. This little blog has been around for 3 years now! Thanks for sticking with me all these years!!
Now, hop on over to Blog Hoppin’ and meet some other teachers!
Stop back tomorrow and I’ll give you a sneak peek of my room. I don’t start for another week, and I’m not quite done yet, but I think I can scrounge up a few pictures!